The safeguarding of our children is our number one priority...
At Eaton Valley Primary School, we have a meticulous, child-centered approach to safeguarding and we don’t hesitate to take swift action. We understand that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. We are committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care at all times; all staff and volunteers share this commitment. We recognise that unfortunately some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse and that all of the staff are well placed to identify such abuse and offer support to children in need thanks to our meticulous approach to staff training.
We aim to:
• Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to.
• Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse.
• Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
We will support all children by:
• Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness, whilst not condoning aggression or bullying.
• Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within school.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
For more information, please view our Safeguarding Policy
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mr J Williamson (Assistant Head Teacher)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Mrs C Evans (Head Teacher)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Mrs N McGeough (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Mrs K Griffiths (Assistant Head Teacher)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Mrs A Medford (Family Support Worker)
- Safeguarding Governor - Mrs J Whitehouse
The school is part of a project that is run jointly between schools and West Midlands Police.
Operation Encompass is reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has been exposed to, or involved in, any domestic incident.
Operation Encompass will ensure that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the local authority and to use the information that has been shared, in confidence, while ensuring that the school is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been involved in, or exposed to, a domestic abuse incident.
We are always keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe being part of this project is extremely beneficial for all those involved.
If you require any support, please contact our school office.